DRRA’s project ‘Promoting Inclusive Health and Rehabilitation Services for persons with disabilities’ is implementing with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’. A coordination meeting was held with all concerned to appraise the project progress at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare conference room. Dr. A. H. Md. Muhiuddin Osmani, Joint Chief, MoHFW and Chairperson of the Coordination Committee chaired the meeting. The coordination meeting helps to intensify project progress by providing instant support by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) and the Ministry. The various achievements of the project have been shared in the coordination meeting
- Budget for renovation of health & rehabilitation unit at Bashkhali Health Complex is approved;
- Allocation for NDD unit at Bashkhali Health Complex is approved;
- Training module on identification of disability with cooperation of DG-Health is approved;
- Separate bed reserved for the persons with disabilities and separate ticket counter established at Upazila Health Complex as a result of local level advocacy;
- Training for Government Doctors & Community Health Care Providers conducted;
- Ramp for accessibility constructed in Upazila Health Complexes.